Thursday, February 14, 2008

Set Apart (Sept 2004)

Set apart. What exactly does that look like? Obviously Jesus is the perfect example of being set apart. He came and walked among us where He was daily tempted yet He sinned not. So if we believe that, why do we point the finger at Him anytime our actions are questioned. "Well, Jesus turned water to wine, so He must drink" or "He got so angry that He destroyed all of the merchants tables and stuff in the temple." Have we become so indignent that we can't admit when we make unwise choices? I know the task of purity and holiness seems way to far away from my grasp, but could God be teaching me thru baby steps how to live a life that is set apart? If I read His word more often and listened to the guidance of the Holy Spirit would I be able to live justly and not justify the way I live? When the faithful men of God said "Woe is me" or "chief am I of sinners" they didn't follow it with "but look at him" or "well that's just forcing his religious convictions on me." They were admiting their sin and seeking to be more like Christ...more like their creator and Father desired them to be. Holy Spirit, please continue to convict me and teach me. Father, don't allow my heat to be so hardened that I don't seek Your way in all I think, do, and say. Jesus, thank you for living Truth. Thank you for taking the burden I've created and nailing it to the cross where it no longer lives. Please forgive me when I neglect Your joy in suffering for us. Show me how to experience that kind of joy.

No comments: